7 September 2004

checking the blogosphere on Chechnya

I don't know a lot about Chechnya or Chechen history. The killing there, whther by local fighters or central government troops, is repugnant.

I don't plan on finding large blocks of Chechen analysis to blog after carefully selecting what my gut tells me is right. I leave that to the Bush administration and its henchcreatures.

I think Mark Kleiman has it right when he links to a moderately pro-Chechen screed and notes:

Mail accusing Gessen or the undersigned of defending terrorism will not be responded to. That the children are dead is horrible, but horror isn't a policy


This century is going to see increasingly untenable cases that just do not have solutions that are very thinkable. Refusing to think is, like horror, not a policy.

No comments: