7 May 2003

I think I'm going have a fit
From the UK Telegraph thanks to Gianna:

The term "brainstorming" has become the latest target of political correctness, according to a charity.

Trainee teachers are being told to avoid the word for fear of offending pupils with epilepsy. Instead they are being advised to use "word storm" or "thought shower".

However, charities working with epilepsy say "brainstorming" is not offensive. "We had several inquiries from teachers about it so we did a survey of our residential home," said Gemma Baxter from the National Society for Epilepsy.


I wake up now and then feeling like I've run a marathon. If I'm lucky it hasn't happened when I'm on my own. I used to be scared witless my kid would see me in the middle of a seizure. The anticonvulsants don't work well for me at all and I've always hated the side effects. When I started blogging this I just thought it was funny. As I finish I am angrier about epilepsy than I think I have ever been before.

No comments: